We typically test updates in beta in our forum for a few days before releasing them, but the delay can be longer if we're working on a big project. Check out what's in progress or join the beta if you want to help us shape the future of Legend.
- Update Inferred Hierarchy! See the blog post for more details.
- Fix Trello import was broken by Trello’s API change
- Fix Between date filter was not restrictive enough (Forum)
- Fix Items added from a pane’s top buttons were sometimes not showing immediately when zoomed into an empty item
- Feature Added
- Fix Backspace was sometimes going through to pane from move menu
- Update Improved help and getting started content. See the blog post for more details.
- Fix In date picker, selecting end date and then clicking on calendar will set the end date
- Fix Mirrors were not showing in overview
- Fix Creating new items in Created/Modified views was adding a “Today” date
- Fix Zooming into mirror items was sometimes not working
- Change 6 levels of Heading/Project now (it was previously 4)
- Feature Support linking to and mirroring Documents
- Fix Clicking Today button in calendar panes was sometimes scrolling to last year (Forum)
- Fix Copy and HTML export are more semantically correct. So they won’t be just bullets anymore, but also will correctly format headings and numbered lists. (Forum)
- Fix Up/down arrows were not working in / help menu
- Fix Emails on calendar view had an ugly background color
- Fix Notes will not sync to Google Calendar description if the calendar is set to not Editable (Forum)
- Change Changed the Help option in the sidebar to open the help page, and added a separate “Get Started” button to the Options menu (Forum)
- Fix Todoist importer loads dates and labels better
- Fix Paste and item context menus respect the new calendar Editable settings (Forum)
- Fix Item prefix is synced as hidden metadata on Google Calendar events (Forum)
- Feature Tag coloring by prefix. See the new section in the Display Settings. You can enter a prefix of a tag and set a text color or background color on it.
- Feature Added “Editable” setting to calendar sync for increased safety when syncing with work calendars (Forum)
- Feature Added a new Align To Prefixes option to align to Headings. This makes bullets/tasks/numlist indent, while Heading/Project/Code do not. It may be a better indentation if you often mix plain text and prefixes, but if you have no plain text items and only use bullets/tasks you may prefer the Text or Prefix options. (Forum)
- Fix Deleting items was not correctly selecting afterwards
- Fix Prevent merging two items with dates or deleting before a calendar event (Forum)
- Fix Deleting items synced to calendar confirms before removing (Forum)
- Fix Lots of images were sometimes causing pane scroll to appear to jump around while scrolling up
- Fix Highlighting search text was hiding text inside angled brackets (Forum)
- Fix Drag drop from the overview was not working
- Change Reduced height of
===items and added theme selectors for them: hr, hrLight, hrHeavy
- Change Reduced intensity of zoomed item color in pane header
- Change Left padding of pane heading matches left padding of items
- Fix Input in panes was being blocked by email previews
- Update A new Command Palette: Press
Ctrl + Pon Windows/Linux or
Cmd + Pon Mac to open a Command Palette which includes all of the commands that have hotkeys. See the blog post for more details.
- Design Improved design of global search, and truncating items to one line
- Fix Enter in global search was not working sometimes
- Fix Autocomplete opens at the caret position instead of left aligned to items
- Fix Drag / drop was sometimes displaying items at the wrong indentation
- Fix Pasting into a Tag right after the
#was inserting a space
- Fix Pasting was not working with autocomplete open
- Fix “Include prefixes” option in export was not working correctly
- Fix Printing in dark theme was not returning to dark theme after printing
- Fix Project/Heading views with no Project/Heading children were appearing empty
- Feature The
/menu in empty items has an input so it can filter for quicker usage
- App Desktop app version 2.0.8 fixes Gmail emails sometimes not displaying properly
- Fix Selecting “Show image” on links to local images was sometimes not working
- Fix Auto heading sizes are reduced by one in Heading panes so that they’re smaller than the block title
- Fix Multiple mirrors of an item within the same parent were not displaying in Outline panes
- Feature Images are cached so they load immediately and work offline (Forum)
- Fix Show as Image option was sometimes missing on images in Drive (Forum)
- Fix Asian languages were not fully working in the add item popup (Forum)
- Feature Added a specific setting for whether to embed YouTube videos (Forum)
- Feature Right click to the left or right of a video to show it as text
- App Desktop app version 2.0.7 will auto-update or download manually. It fixes some issues in v2.0.6 with Outlook 365.
- App Desktop app version 2.0.6 will auto-update or download manually. It includes the following email fixes and support for future email improvements without updating the whole app.
- Fix Email panes were not showing account and folder names
- Fix Outlook authorization sometimes never completed (Forum)
- Fix Outlook email sync was sometimes not working
- Fix Outlook email sync was sometimes not loading snippets
- Fix Inserting link to local image was not displaying it inline
- Fix Image lightbox was sometimes not opening local files
- Fix Input issues with Asian languages (Forum) (Forum)
- Feature Added
- Feature Inline YouTube video support - paste or drop a YouTube link and it will embed the video directly
- Fix Drag/dropping an image url was not making it an inline image
- Fix Multiple instances of Legend open to the same Board with documents with a lot of items were ping ponging saving state, appearing to revert filter changes
- Fix Panes were not immediately updating from remote changes of view mode
- Speed Improved (hopefully massively) responsiveness while editing in boards with many panes and huge documents. If you have a lot of items, it delays re-filtering of non-active panes to keep editing smooth. And if you have a lot of panes open it disables animations in non-active panes. (Forum)
- Fix Sidebar and top bar were both hidden if you resized the sidebar to 0 to show the top bar, then refreshed, then toggled the top bar back to the sidebar
- Update New Heading item type! See the blog post for more details. (Forum)
- Feature A display setting “Hide icons in inactive items” which unless hovered, hides Heading icons and the collapser in uncollapsed items.
- Fix Inserting link with no text wasn't working
- Fix Pasting/dropping image links inserts the image instead of a bare url
- Fix Inserting images from the
/menu was not working well
- Speed Fixed an issue in the recent filtering change that was updating panes more often, which was slow with big documents and many panes. And beyond just fixing the issue, pane updates (typing, filtering, adding new items) should be even faster than before. (Forum)
- Fix The last update caused some issues with Asian languages with
- Update A new more powerful filtering system! See the blog post for more details.
- Feature Added a new General setting "Collapse matches of filters” which will collapse matches that have no matching children
- Fix Revamped the system that locks items into place while editing. They now show a dashed outline for 1.5 seconds and show a more accurate message about the number of items hidden.
- Fix Some issues editing text around links and with multiple links
- Change Added a set of intro items to the starting document for new users
- Change Redesigned the Help popup design and content to bring it up to date with the latest features.
- Change Moved the rarely used buttons at the top of the sidebar into a small … menu
- Change Moved the “Add document” button in the Overview to a + button next to “Documents”
- Design Sidebar in light theme is a light color by default (you can change it in Display Settings).
- Fix Items were duplicating in the Agenda if synced to Google Calendar and not at the root of a document (Forum)
- Fix Text filters were not matching up the hierarchy correctly in Agenda panes (Forum)
- Fix Item counts were wrong in blocks with mirror items (Forum)
- Fix New filtering engine improved further to be even more accurate and faster
- Fix Zooming into a mirror by hotkey was not using parents path (Forum)
- Update A new Apple Silicon version of the Mac app. The previous version is not able to auto-detect Apple Silicon so it requires a manual update, but future versions will update to the correct version automatically. See the blog post for more details.
- Update New filtering engine with improved accuracy, especially with mirrored items. See the blog post for more details.
- Feature Sign In with Apple support in the web/desktop version
- Feature Export to Markdown: Experimental - please post any issues in the forum thread
- Feature A clear formatting button in notes (Forum)
- Fix Project pane in List view was skipping some items if too deep in the hierarchy (Forum)
- Fix Dropping a mirror into a different document was not immediately showing its children (Forum)
- Fix Color picker in the note popup was not working
- Fix Headers in notes were not displaying big and bold after the theming change
- Fix Task filter icon was too small in filter box
- Design Improved styling of scrollbars, especially on Windows (Forum)
- Fix Zooming into a mirror or child of a mirror shows its parents path instead of the origin item’s
- Fix Dropping an item below a mirror was dropping it below the origin item
- Fix Mirror children of mirrors were displaying as a link instead of a mirror
- Fix Items that had been moved between documents were sometimes being hidden, or sometimes items were marked as moved erroneously and being hidden. If that affected you, signing out and back in will restore any hidden items. (Forum) (Forum)
- Fix An input bug where deleting across escaped characters was sometimes deleting too many characters
- Fix Priorities in search box were not displaying correctly with new themes
- Fix Mirrors were being ignored by filters (Forum)
- Fix Changing encryption password in desktop app rewrites all local documents with the new encryption if encrypting local documents
- Change Removed the “Encrypt local documents” option because it was rarely used and the chance of lost data seems not worth it. We may add it back in a better way in a later version. (Forum)
- Fix Moving items between documents was sometimes causing items to appear to disappear. The affected items should reappear and work normally now, and the underlying issue is fixed. (Forum)
- Fix “Press /“ placeholder text was positioned wrong in an empty item with children
- Fix Errors in Drive plugin when an item is deleted in user’s Drive account
- Fix Crash on load on old accounts that still had the old Gmail plugin panes
- Fix Text in long links overflowing in pane
- Feature Added
itemCompleteto theme selectors. You can now change the color of completed items, and even add
text-decoration: line-throughif you want. You can also change the color of the inline elements of completed items, and the default is to inherit the completed text color.
- Fix Item text was being inserted in the wrong place if entering a character that was already repeated near the cursor (Forum)
- Fix In completed items, tags and contacts were not fading and dates were still too prominent (Forum)
- Fix Drag/drop line was sometimes positioned wrong
- Fix Repeat dates in the past were not showing on calendar
- Fix Version history was considering items completed both locally and in the backup as “Added” (Forum)
- Speed Fixed large slowdown when closing version history or changing revisions (Forum)
- Fix Note horizontal position wrong on header
- Fix Global search text color faded in dark them (Forum)
- Fix Notifications were enabled in free version (Forum)
- Fix Items appearing to repeat sometimes (Forum)
- Fix Not working offline on iOS. This should also improve load time. (Forum)
- Fix Priority colors in keyboard toolbar were wrong (Forum)
- Fix Dates in completed items are grayed out (Forum)
- Fix Selection highlight position was wrong in Agenda (Forum)
- Change Hotkey to search pane when it’s already open highlights the search text instead of selecting to end
- Fix Click events were not working in emails
- Fix Prefix hit targets were too big and sometimes taking clicks meant for the item above (Forum)
- Fix Some text in new board builder was not visible in dark theme
- Fix Import from Google Tasks was not working
- Feature Files pane caches offline, so files will be available on load
- Fix Files pane no longer shows Legend backup files (Forum)
- Fix Select files button in Files pane was sometimes selecting from the wrong account
- Fix Files pane was sometimes not immediately updating with selected file
- Fix “Open in Pane” on calendar events not in any local document was crashing
- Fix Drive files were not always loading in the Files pane (Forum)
- Fix Added timestamp to images pasted to upload to Drive (Forum)
- Fix Files pane was not immediately updating after selecting a file (Forum)
- Fix Added “Open in Gmail” to item context menu for email items
- Update Updated with all the recent bug fixes and some elements of the new design
- Fix Parsing of Gmail dates in French language (Forum)
- Fix Files panes were sometimes not showing any files
- Fix Uncollapse all in Agenda pane was sometimes not working
- Change Disabled the Legacy Gmail plugin. If anyone was still using that, please use the new Email plugin instead.
- Fix URL parsing is less aggressive. It will now match it if starts with a protocol (http, https, ftp, file, …), starts with www., or ends with a common domain (com, co, org, net). So it will stop matching any two words separated by a period, like array.length.
- Fix Selection in theme editor was jumping while typing and not always retained after opening a color picker, and it was sometimes scrolling to top
- Fix A sync issue where moving items from a shared document to a personal document at the same time as a collaborator deleting the items from the original shared document would result in the items appearing deleted from the personal document (data was not lost, just not displayed)
- Fix Pressing enter on an empty Project in Project view was not adding as a child
- Feature Added support for importing OPML dates (created, changed, due) and _status field for task items
- Change Reduced intensity of date colors
- Fix Some popups and panes did not have the right colors in the new dark theme
- Fix Notifications settings were being blocked incorrectly for premium users
- Fix Allow dragging Projects above the first Project in a Project pane
- Fix Click events not working in emails
- Update Big design update with extensive theming and customization! See the blog post for more details.
- Fix Sync issue where creating a new item while offline would cause the app to miss changes made on other apps between the time of going offline and creating that item. If that affected you, signing out and back in will restore anything missing.
- Fix If a character was added before an uneditable element starting with that character, it was adding after it
- Fix Inline code was still parsing formatting characters inside it
- Fix Code blocks were adding \ before characters that are used Markdown formatting, but should be ignored in code blocks
- Feature Add more code highlighting languages: Bash, PowerShell, Python, Scala, Lisp. And also “None” to disable highlighting
- Fix Links in notes without a protocol were not opening correctly
- Fix Pasting content with item links was not always retaining the links
- Fix Improved typing before uneditable text elements (dates, emails, etc…)
- Fix Dates support “every 2 weekdays”
- Fix Filtering no longer recognizes - as a filter. It was making filtering jump around a lot when trying to negate.
- Fix Zooming in and out now resets scroll to the top. It had been trying to be smart but ended up more confusing than anything.
- Fix Completing items now sets selection to the nearest neighbor correctly. It was sometimes losing selection completely before, requiring a click.
- Fix Calendar settings were not saving correctly
- Fix Resizing window was sometimes leaving a space at the bottom of a pane until scrolling it
- Speed Improved scrolling performance in panes
- Fix An error when updating billing info on an old Moo.do subscription
- Fix Mobile panes were being included in the count of maximum panes in free plan
- Fix Inputting multiple _ or ` characters was inserting a \ character in the wrong position
- Fix Typing around uneditable text (dates, item links, emails, etc…) was sometimes inserting text in the wrong place
- Fix Deleting the character after uneditable text was deleting it
- Fix Panes were scrolling themselves in some cases when scrolling shortly after editing text
- Fix Changing encryption password was sometimes not correctly re-encrypting saved emails from the chrome extension or Gmail Add-On
- Fix Adding a new calendar pane was not always starting scrolled to today
- Fix Drive and Calendar plugins were not correctly being enabled for free users (they were previously Premium and we missed a spot)
- Fix Link to download the app was wrong
- Update Legend launch! See the blog post for more details.
See the old Moo.do changelog
Legend has recently renamed from Moo.do. The old Moo.do changelog contains tons of earlier product updates.