One of our main goals with Legend has always been to be extremely customizable, and with this update we're adding a ton of customization options along with a design refresh.
This new design makes documents much more readable with improved spacing and color contrast. Some key highlights:
- Improved colors and contrast for readability, especially in Dark theme
- Spacing between items is increased for readability in the default "Comfortable" theme while the "Compact" theme reduces spacing, closer to the old style.
- An updated pane header design moves all the view options (which are typically not changed often) into a single icon on the right side with the breadcrumbs on the left
- Added support for multiple sizes of headers defined by the number of
#characters, which automatically shrink when indented in
- A new "highlight" feature to highlight any text with a blue background color
- Improved alignment of vertical lines with prefixes and collapsers
- Item links now display wrapped in
[]characters instead of a background with icon. This feels more readable and is more in line with how other apps style item links.
- Panes are now flush with the background and only have a border between each other
We’ve made a css-like editor with (so far) 46 different themeable values. You can change all sorts of colors and spacings, and really anything you can do in CSS. On a basic level it shows all the default values with a color picker to edit them. If you want to get more advanced, you can add any CSS you want.
The next step of this is to have a theme library with user-submitted themes in the future, and to start we have a thread in our new forum to share your customizations. Once we get a good set of user themes in the showcase we can build them into the app so anyone can use them. We're super excited about that!
Check out the forum
Many thanks to all the people in our forum who helped guide this in the right direction. If you'd like to report any bugs, request any features, or help test beta updates and guide their direction, please join us in the forum ❤️.